Breast Augmentation Surgery is one of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery in the UK and as with any invasive surgical procedure, it does carry risks.
The way breast augmentation surgery is performed is the breast implant is inserted into a pocket and placed in the outer layer of the chest wall or behind the breast tissue; thereafter the surgeon performing the procedure will close the incision utilising adhesives, sutures and surgical tape to keep it closed.
There may be a number of complications with breast augmentation surgery which indicate that the surgeon or team treating you have been negligent, leading to a breast surgery compensation claim, otherwise known as a boob job compensation claim.
These complications can include:
- An infection in the breast resulting in the need to remove the implant in order to treat it.
- A requirement for revision surgery itself may point to the procedure having not been carried out effectively in the first place.
- The implant may leak requiring you to have it removed.
- There may be visible signs of the implant because creases or ripples appear.
- There can be capsular contracture. This is where the layer of scar tissue that the body grows around the implant becomes hard or an unusual shape; this may become painful or swollen and again require removal or a revision operation.
- A Haematoma which is a blood clot may occur.
- You may experience loss of sensation in your nipples or lose nipples.
How we can help with your breast augmentation claim
Our specialist team have healthcare expertise and over 25 years’ experience in handling breast implant claims. We have recovered millions of pounds for our clients in breast implant compensation and breast augmentation compensation. From the very start, we will work with you and guide you through every step of the process. We can see you in our offices in London or the North West of England, at home or in hospital, at a time that suits you.
The majority of our breast implant compensation claims are dealt with by our firm on a No Win No Fee basis and if we do not succeed in your claim, you will not have to pay anything.
If we can prove your case we will be able to recover damages for you as well as the cost of revision surgery if appropriate, loss of earnings and any other expenses you have incurred.
Frequently asked questions
How do I prove negligence and obtain compensation?
The treating surgeon and their team owe you a duty of care when carrying out a medical procedure of this type. It will be necessary for you to prove that there has been a breach of the duty you were owed and that this resulted in the problems you are now experiencing. The surgeon also has to advise you about possible complications that may occur and properly obtain your consent to the procedure.
Proving that the treatment provided fell below the required standard of care will often need a medical opinion and report.
If something has gone wrong what do I do next?
Contact us on Freephone 0800 800 555 or start your claim online . Our healthcare professionals will review your medical records and information, and if we think you have a case will gain a medical report to support this.