Informal Complaints and Enquiries
At Cosmetic Surgery Claims, a trading name of The Specter Partnership, we take complaints very seriously and are always extremely grateful for feedback, as this enables us to make changes to ensure that The Specter Partnership provides the best possible service to all of our clients.
Generally, our clients prefer to raise any initial enquiries or any informal complaints with the person dealing with their claim by telephone, email or in writing. Any concerns can often be resolved within a few hours or days.
If, however, you would like to raise this further or speak to someone other than the person dealing with your complaint, you can contact our Client Care Officer, Emma Parkinson on 01925 428360. Emma will be more than happy to help to resolve any issues.
How to make a Formal Complaint
If you have a formal complaint, please write to us with details, addressing your letter to:
Mrs Emma Parkinson
The Specter Partnership
850 Ibis Court
Our complaints procedure must be accessible by all and therefore, if you are unable to detail your complaint in writing or need some assistance in doing so, please contact Emma Parkinson on 01925 428360 to discuss alternative ways of communicating with us.
What Happens Next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 3 days of receiving it enclosing a copy of our Complaints Procedure.
- We will investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care officer, Mrs Emma Parkinson, who will investigate your complaint and speak to the member of staff dealing with your file. We may ask you to provide additional information, if we feel it is necessary to properly investigate your complaint.
- Once we have examined your file, spoken to any relevant parties and completed our investigation we will send you, within 21 days of acknowledging your complaint, a detailed written response, which will include any suggestions for resolving your complaint.
- If you are not happy with our response, you can then ask us to review our decision. You will need to let us know any aspects of our response with which you are not satisfied and provide any further comments or documents you wish us to consider.
- Your complaint with be reviewed by either a Partner or our consultant Gareth Williams within 21 days of your request for a review.
- You will not be charged for any of the work we carry out investigating your complaint.
- If we have to change the timescales, we will let you know and explain why.
If we have been unable to settle your complaint using our internal complaints process. you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, an independent complaints body, established under the Legal Services Act 2007, that deals with legal services complaints.
The Legal Ombudsman can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem. You have six months from the date of our final letter in which to complain to the Legal Ombudsman..
The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at:
The Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Alternative complaints bodies such as ProMediate exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.